With the Series 1 getting sold out last year, the two companies are back for a second installment, along with a few upgrades.
For over five decades, we’ve known Hot Wheels for its die-cast toys and crazy tracks. You probably owned one before and there’s a huge chance that there’s still one resting on your shelves right now.
Over the course of the pandemic, cryptocurrencies have gained popularity and among them, NFTs or non-fungible tokens are a hit. NFTs are serialized items that exist in the digital world, which can then be sold by cryptocurrencies.
Hot Wheels has also entered the world of cryptocurrencies with its NFT Garage through Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX). With the Series 1 getting sold out last year, the two companies are back for a second installment, along with a few upgrades.
Fans will have the opportunity to acquire a range of distinct Mini-Collections across five available rarities — Base, Rare, Premium, NFTH (Treasure Hunt), and Showroom. All packs contain a randomized selection of 40 unique Hot Wheels Series 2 NFTs from four (4) different Mini-Collections:
- Hot Wheels Car Meet: 1990 Acura NSX, Fast Fish, Glory Chaser, Corvette C8.R, Dimachinni Veloce and 2018 Honda Civic Type R
- Hot Wheels Flames: Max Steel, Mod Rod, Muscle Bound, 1991 GMC Syclone, 1971 Buick Riviera, Custom Otto and Purple Passion
- Nightburnerz: Muscle and Blown, GT-Scorcher, Crescendo, HW 40, Mad Manga, GT Hunter, Honda S2000 and Custom 2001 Acura Integra GSR
- Rod Squad: Rodger Dodger 2.0, Erikenstein Rod, Aristo Rat, 1967 Oldsmobile 442, 1955 Chevy Bel Air Gasser, FusionBusta and Lethal Diesel
Fans who participate and unpack any of the below NFTs can redeem them for a physical die-cast:
- Premium: Custom Otto, Honda S2000, Corvette C8.R, Aristo Rat
- NFTH: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Gasser
“Hot Wheels continuously strives to develop impactful innovation, while ensuring relevance and authenticity in today’s car culture, that’s why we’re so excited to continue growing the Hot Wheels NFT Garage with Series 2” said Ron Friedman, VP Future Lab at Mattel. “We are introducing beloved automotive brands such as Honda and Chevrolet to the series to continue expanding the love of Hot Wheels vehicles to a new generation of collectors.”
Four rare variants from Series 1 are still retained for Series 2, although there is an addition called showroom, Which has a pull probability of only 0.14 percent. In total, there are 184,250 NFT cards available in Series 2.
The Hot Wheels NFT Garage Series 2 sale will begin at 1:00 PM ET on March 31st, 2022 and can be unboxed at 4:00 PM ET. Each pack of seven collectible NFTs will cost $25 USD. Fans can buy up to four packs per credit card transaction.